Okay, time for a short break in the blogosphere. I was originally tagged by the super sweet Donna B. McNicol @DonnaBMcNicol. The rules are easy:
- Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript (or past if nothing active)
- Go to line 7
- Copy down the next seven lines (or sentences) as they are – no cheating
- Tag 7 other authors
So here is my excerpt from my recently finished middle grade adventure novel, Joshua and The Lightning Road – page 7, line 7.
I pushed myself up and stared at the spot where Finn had been. Only broken glass remained and Finn’s inhaler, that still spun on the floor. I grabbed it. Where was he? And what if he needed it? The rain ambien continued to blow in. What just happened? Fear suffocated my thoughts. I went to the window, fearing Finn had fallen out the window. I expected to see him spread on the ground, with a broken leg. Or worse. Careful not to kneel on the shards of glass, I peered down. But a soft flash of lightning revealed nothing.
Here are my seven wonderful writing friends that I’m tagging:
- Stacy Green @StacyGreen26
- Donna Newton @DonnaNewtonUK
- Jessica Cooper @jmcooper5
- Mary Ann Domanska @mdomanska
- Kerry Gans @KerryGans
- Ann Boyle @AMBoyleAuthor
- Reggie Ridgway @ReggieRidgway
Have fun and keep it going!
That was a great exercise. Thank you for the Lucky 7s.
This will be today’s blog!