#1 bestselling author in sea adventures, Jesse was born in Miami, Florida, playing on beaches as a boy, the sky bronzing him forever and the sea turning his heart lyrical.
He feels he is haunted by Hemingway’s ghost, not just by the poster in his writing studio that stares at him, saying, “What else you got?” but also by having a café called Hemingway’s in the small European city where he writes. Finally, Hemingway became his neighbor on Amazon when his novel, Pelican Bay, outsold Old Man and the Sea.
He currently lives in Lüneburg, Germany, with his wife and their precocious White Siamese cat.
- The real person who my character, Morgan, is based upon, has never read my novels, and probably never will. However, I am afraid that she would not be very happy if she ever did. While Morgan is a fictitious character, there are many things in the novels that are true. I wish I could tell you them all, but that would just be going too far. I will tell you a few, though. She is a librarian in real life, she was my girlfriend on and off for longer than I would like to admit, and she never, on her own, said those words that I pined to hear.
- My father died in a tragic accident when I was only four years old, but not in a boat.
- REVENGE OF THE SEA almost did not get written. Actually, my publisher, Imajin Books, and my devotion to the readers of PELICAN BAY and CAPTAIN SHELBY, finally persuaded me. I wanted to finish a stand-alone novel about the sinking of the Titanic (and still plan to do so for my next novel).
- Though I never planned to write semi-autobiographical novels, I am, in many, many ways, Ethan Hodges.
- The sea epidemic in Revenge is not fiction. It is real. In fact, as I write this, starfish are still dying, and millions have already died, from Canada all the way down to Mexico. Of course, in Revenge, the epidemic becomes more widespread and affects other species.
About Revenge of the Sea:
Beware of what the tide may bring…
Ethan Hodges is deeply unsettled when thousands of decomposed starfish inexplicably wash up along the shore of Pelican Bay. As the ominous sea epidemic spreads to other marine life, he continues to see a suspicious-looking man loitering on the beach.
To solve the mystery, Ethan seeks help from longtime friend, Sheriff Dansby, and Reagan Langsley, a beautiful marine biologist from Lighthouse Point. Spurred by curiosity and jealousy, Ethan’s estranged wife, Morgan, joins them in the investigation.
When the elusive outsider is finally arrested, an enigmatic relationship develops between Ethan and the man. With cautious prodding, Ethan learns that the fate of the world appears to rest in the hands of the tall stranger named…Mr. DM.
Revenge of the Sea book trailer!
Check out Jesse!
Web Site: www.jessegileschristiansen.com
Book Trailer for book 1 in The Captain Shelby Trilogy, Pelican Bay!: